Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Comic-Con 2009

It's been awhile since I've had anything to write about. Today I definitely do. Like many others, My wife and I visited comic con. I don't think I can accurately count the number of nerdgasms I had this year. I picked up a ton of back issues (many of them below cover price) and one of those happened to be Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual #2. Yes I know, THE Alan Moore Blackest Night prophecy book. I'm happy to say that I got a seat at the panel I was most looking forward to. I got into the Geoff Johns panel and was able to ask him a question about the Blackest Night storyline. I'm not much for buying trinkets and such unless they're going on my desk, but I am happy to say that I purchased some cool ones. Not only did I pick up a couple of fortieth anniversary comic con tumblers, but I also got a great keepsake from the Paramount pictures booth. The wife and I waited for over an hour in line, but found it totally worth it to receive....TRIBBLES! That's right, each of us received a tiny fuzzy tribble. As I later discovered, they purr if you squeeze them!
Perhaps the best entertainment panel I went to was that for the Kick-Ass movie panel. For those who haven't read the comic, I'll give a brief synopsis. Basically a fifteen year old boy decides he's going to put on a costume and become a vigilante. After seeing a couple of scenes, I can't wait. Personally I've been bothered by the irregular shipping of the comic book, but I am in awe of the footage I've seen. Til next time, keep watching the skies.

No comments: