Saturday, August 23, 2008

Favorite Comic Book Heroes

I grew up loving the traditional comic book heroes. Superman, Batman, Captain America and of course Spiderman. As I got older my tastes changed. I moved on to more violent heroes like Wolverine, the Punisher and Spawn. Now as a twenty-five year old adult, I'm more drawn to the antiheroes. The two books I can't peel my self away from are Moon Knight and Captain America. Initially I was very opposed to any kind of replacement of Steve Rogers as the star spangled avenger. After reading more and more of this book, I find that I can't wait to read the next one. The story of the former sidekick knowing that he can never truly fill the shoes of a legendary hero is just so damn good! Moon Knight is just a guilty pleasure to read. I never followed Moon Knight until about six months ago, and man I'm hooked. It's one of the strangest stories I've ever read. You never truly know if Moon knight is a hero given power by an Egyptian god of vengeance, or if he's just some fucking loon in a suit! I enjoy every issue, but the biggest hangup I have is the art. The book is meant to have a gritty feel, but I feel the art is sub par. Most people probably know nothing of this character or care because of the lame art currently on the book. Hey Marvel, how about waking up and putting Yu or Epting on this book to attract readers! Until next time, I hope you enjoy my readings.

No comments: